Data Privacy & Policy
BROTHER INTERNATIONAL PHILIPPINES CORPORATION
We take our responsibilities under the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (the “Act”) seriously. We also recognize the importance of the Personal Data you have entrusted to us and believe that it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect and process your Personal Data.
In this policy, “Personal Data” means any data about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data in combination with other information to which the organization may have access and includes the meaning otherwise as defined in the Act as amended from time to time.
If you, at any time, have any queries on this policy or any other queries in relation to how we may manage, protect and/or process your Personal Data, please do not hesitate to contact our Data Protection Officer (the “DPO”) at the contact details below under “Queries and Contact”.
Information we collect
We may collect and process Personal Data about you such as:
- Personal contact information, such as name, mailing address, phone number, and e-mail address that you provide by filling out product registration forms or customer surveys on this Website or through e-mail, fax, postal mail or that we collect through our promotions or service centers
- Unique information such as user IDs and passwords
- Any valid government-issued ID number
- Internet Protocol address of the computer you are using
- Details of products and services which you purchase from us or which you have inquired about, such as model, serial number, and dealer name
- Details of your visits to our Website, the activities you engage in when using the services made available via the Website and the resources that you access on or via the Website.
- Personal background information reasonably required for recruitment and administration of employees
We are dedicated to protect the quality and integrity of your Personal Data. For this we have adopted industry-standard security technologies, procedures and organizational measures, to protect your data from unauthorized access, use, disclosure or unlawful destruction. Your Personal Data we collect will be retained only until the purpose(s) for which it was collected have been achieved, whereupon such data will be deleted and destroyed in a confidential manner.
We also encourage you to take precautions to protect your Personal Data from security breach. For example, where we have given you, or where you have chosen, a password to access certain parts of the Website or your registered user account, you should not share this password with others.
How we use your information
We may use information held about you for the following purposes:
- To process, manage and administer your account for Brother membership and other services including online services;
- To communicate with you about Brother products, services, and promotional offers that may be of interest to you, upon your consent;
- To administer your participation in contests, promotions, and surveys;
- To process and respond to your requests, questions and complaints;
- To conduct research, analysis and development activities (including, but not limited to data analytics, surveys and/or profiling) to improve our Website and services;
- To store, host and/or back up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) your Personal Data, whether within or outside the Philippines;
- To respond to legal process, pursuing legal rights and remedies, defending litigation and managing any complaints or claims;
- To respond to requests for information from public and governmental/regulatory authorities, statutory boards, related companies and for audit, compliance, investigation and inspection purposes;
- To consider you for employment if you submit a job application, and to administer our employees ;and/or
- To comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request.
If you do not provide us with your Personal Data that we describe as obligatory or mandatory, then we may be unable to act on, respond to, process or proceed with your matter, or to provide you with our services.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
You acknowledge and consent that your Personal Data may be used, disclosed, maintained, accessed, processed and/or transferred to the following third parties, whether sited in or outside of the Philippines, for the purposes set out above:
- Brother group companies.
- Third party service providers which have been engaged by us: (i) to provide and maintain any IT equipment which is used to process or store your Personal Data; (ii) to provide us with IT related services; (iii) to perform contractual obligation owed to you or our legal obligation, or (iv) otherwise in connection with the provision of certain services provided to you.
- Our authorized distributors, dealers, resellers and/or service centers.
- Our auditors and legal advisors.
- Public and governmental / regulatory authorities, courts / other alternative dispute forums statutory boards or industry associations that we are required by applicable law to disclose to.
Any third party in connection with (i) the sale of any of our business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets; or (ii) the acquisition of us or substantially all of our assets by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by us about you and our other customers will be one of the transferred assets.
When it is necessary, we will enter or enter into contractual undertakings to ensure that the Personal Data which we collect from you and transfer to third parties (whether or not located in the Philippines) is adequately protected to a standard comparable to the protection under the Act.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the third parties maintain appropriate organizational, physical and technical security measures to help prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of your Personal Data.
In certain circumstances we may provide third parties (whether or not located in the Philippines) with aggregate information about this Website's users. This may include information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is anonymized statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We will not use or disclose your information for any other purposes without your consent, unless we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of any person (including for example for the purposes of fraud detection and prevention).
Please rest assured that we never sell or rent your Personal Data.
Updating your Personal Data
We will inform you (when collecting your data) and obtain your consent if we intend to use your Personal Data for purposes other than what we have informed you.
Queries and Contact
Promotion Terms and Conditions
- Promo duration is from October 2 - November 30, 2023, in participating Brother Trade-in promo locations and schedules.
- This promotion is exclusive for the users of typewriter, printer, fax machine, all-in-one printing products; Brother brand or non-Brother brand, working or non-working machines.
- Customers with a Brother Trade-in machine are entitled to up to 30% while customers with other brands of Trade-in machine are entitled to up to 25%.
- These are the featured machine models for this promo:
- Customers may visit the booth or any participating store within the official Trade-In Madness Schedules with their machine(s) for trade-in for validation.
- Upon validation of the details, customers can proceed with the purchase of their new Brother Printer/s.
- Once the purchase is completed, customers need to present the receipt to the promodiser for recording and release of their new Brother Printer.
- A maximum of 3 purchased machines per day, per customer is allowed.
- Additional discounts for Corporate and/or Government purchases are not valid for this promotion.
- The promotion is intended for end-users only, and not for resellers/dealers of Brother International Philippines Corporation.
- Third parties which conflict with Brother Philippines' business are not qualified to join the promotion.
- Brother International Philippines Corporation's employees and their relatives up to the third degree of consanguinity or affinity are disqualified from joining the promo.
- Brother Philippines reserves the right to reject claims or purchases that do not follow any condition/s in the official mechanics.
- The Trade-in Promo cannot be availed in conjunction with other existing Brother promotions and discounts.
- For inquiries on the promotion, customers can call the Brother Helpdesk Hotline at (02) 8 581-9898, or through the toll-free line at 1-10-BROTHER or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.